2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
Ground Basil, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons of olive oil
5 ounces of baby spinach leaves
1 cup of strawberries
1/2 of 1 medium-sized cucumber
1/2 cup of roasted almonds
Basalmic Vinegar Dressing Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Basalmic Vinegar Dressing
- Combine olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a Mason jar or container with a tight-fitting lid; cover tightly with the lid and shake vigorously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Taste dressing and adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
Directions for Cooking Chicken Breasts
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and ground basil.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
- Transfer chicken breasts to cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Directions for Assembling Salad
- Lay spinach leaves out on plate.
- Add cucumbers, chicken, strawberries, and almonds.
- Drizzle with basalmic vinegar dressing.