This is a great Whole 30 Compliant dinner that you can make in one pan in the oven!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved and quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
FOR THE SALMON
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 of a lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine trimmed brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to previously prepared baking sheet; arrange in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- In the meantime, prepare the salmon.
- Drizzle salmon with olive oil.
- Evenly divide and press minced garlic on top of each fillet (on skinless side if salmon has skin).
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper (on skinless side if salmon has skin).
- Top salmon with lemon slices (on skinless side if salmon has skin).
- Remove baking sheet from oven; move the brussels sprouts around, making 2 empty spots for the salmon fillets.
- Place salmon in empty spots (skinless side up if salmon has skin) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes and serve.