This is a great side dish to have with dinner that is Whole30 Compliant!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Put florets in large bowl. Drizzle florets with olive oil, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet.
- To prepare the garlic, cut the top of the garlic to expose the cloves. Remove most of the outer layers of skin (leave at least one layer to hold the garlic cloves in place).
- Wrap the garlic in foil and drizzle with oil before closing the foil. Place the wrapped garlic on the pan with the cauliflower.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the garlic has caramelized (the garlic may need longer to cook).
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once the cauliflower and garlic have cooled, add the cauliflower to a food processor or blender.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skin and add it to the cauliflower.
- Process until the cauliflower and garlic is mostly smooth.
- Add the chicken stock a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.