Yummy! Whole30 Compliant! We are at the end of our 2nd week on Whole 30 and I miss chips and salsa so much! This recipe is great because you can use the bell peppers to scoop up the avocado salsa that's served with the dish! If I keep making food like this, I might be able to do a Whole30 Month #2! Ha! =D
- 24 oz. large or jumbo raw shrimp, shelled
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, green), sliced into big chunks
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cilantro
- Put shrimp in a colander and run cold water over them for 10 minutes, move shrimp around a few times within the 10 minutes.
- Peel shrimp.
- Combine the white vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and spices together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put shrimp in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the shrimp and turn to coat. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak skewers in water and slice the peppers into big chunks.
- Put shrimp and bell peppers on skewers.
- Heat grill to 500 degrees.
- Cook skewered peppers and shrimp on one side for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 7 minutes on the other side.
- Take off grill and serve with Avocado Salsa, cilantro, and lime wedges!