This is a very quick dish and low calorie dish
- Chop shallots and garlic.
- Put 1 tbs of olive oil in skillet.
- saute shallots 3 minutes then add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add mussels.
- Pour in beer and stir.
- Put in a pinch of saffron and stir.
- As soon as mussels open, remove just mussels to dish.
- Add 2 tbs of butter to skillet. bring to a full boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over mussels.
- Add crusty bread for dipping in the sauce.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Squeeze a little lemon over mussels if you wish.