This is a very delicious side dish that is Whole30 Compliant!
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 10 medium strawberries, sliced
- 10 leaves basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil (I line my sheet with foil for easier clean up).
- Roast the asparagus for 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
- While the asparagus is roasting, boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Divide asparagus among the plates and top with sliced berries, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to drizzle each serving of asparagus with the balsamic syrup.