This is a great breakfast dish that is Whole30 Compliant!
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 6 gala apples
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wash sweet potatoes in water, lightly dry but leave them damp, poke some holes and wrap them with foil. Bake potatoes at 400 degrees on convection bake for about 45-60 minutes. Baking time totally depends on the size of the potato.
- While the potatoes are roasting, peel and dice the apples. Put into a small pot with a 2–3 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until the apples are very soft. Remove the lid and cook until most of the water has evaporated.
- Peel the skins off the sweet potatoes. Combine with the applesauce in a large bowl and mash with a hand masher until it’s to your desired consistency, or use a food processor.
- Top individual servings with ground cinnamon and almond butter.