This fajita chicken salad is a yummy twist on the classic chicken salad recipe. It is delicious, and also happens to be paleo, and whole30 compliant for a meal you can love to eat whether you are on a diet or not!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (see below)
- 1 Tbsp fajita seasoning (see below)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 fresh chopped cilantro
- Place the chicken, mayo, and seasoning into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the bell pepper, onion and cilantro and mix until it is dispersed evenly throughout.
- Serve on top of a freshly cut avocado or however you like! My husband and I just ate it by itself for lunch!
Mayonnaise Recipe (to be Whole 30 Compliant)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 cup light-tasting olive oil (not extra virgin!)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, break the egg and add the lemon juice. Put the lid on your appliance and allow the egg and lemon juice to come to room temperature together (at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours).
- When the egg and lemon juice are room temp, add the mustard, salt, and 1/4 cup oil to the canister. Blend on medium until the ingredients are combined. Incorporate the remaining 1 cup oil by pouring very, very slowly. You want the skinniest drizzle you can manage; this takes about 2-3 minutes.
- When all of the oil is incorporated, transfer the mayo to a container with a lid. Mark a calendar with your egg expiration date – that’s when your mayo expires too.
Fajita Seasoning Mix (to be Whole 30 Compliant)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Stir to combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.